Qualifications as Appraiser and Consultant
Dealer and appraiser with Stone Mountain Relics, Inc 1979-2002
Independent appraiser and consultant in the field of valuable arms since 2002
Appeared as appraiser of Arms and Armor on PBS Antique Road Show, Seasons 2, 3 & 4, 1998- 2000
Appraised, brokered, bought, sold cataloged and promoted over $100,000,000.00 of valuable arms and memorabilia over past 25 years.
As a certified appraiser with the International Society of Appraisers (ISA-CAPP) and Accredited Senior Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), I provide appraisals for most any purpose. I am a member in good standing with many antique arms and collector associations and currently hold lifetime memberships in these organizations:
Antique Bowie Knife Association
Colorado Gun Collectors Association
Colt Collectors Association
Company of Military Historians
Forks of the Delaware Antique Weapons Association
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Ohio Valley Military Society
Pennsylvania Antique Gun Collectors Association
Southeastern Antique Arms Collectors Association
Texas Gun Collectors Association
Appraised, brokered, bought, sold cataloged and promoted over $100,000,000.00 of valuable historic memorabilia, including the most expensive and valuable Confederate arms in most every category over past 25 years
- Accredited appraiser, International Society of Appraisers (ISA) 2000
- Accredited appraiser, Appraisers Association of America (AAA) 2004
- Certified appraiser, International Society of Appraisers (ISA-CAPP) 2015
- Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers (ASA) 2016
- Current USPAP Compliance, 7-hour, AAA, December 7-8, 2021 current through December 8, 2023
- Current ISA Requalification, April 28-29, 2020 current through April 29, 2025
Qualified letters of authenticity on valuable historic objects.
Certifications of antique objects containing Endangered Species Act (ESA) materials.
Appraisals and consultations for most any intended use including tax, estate, insurance, equitable distribution, etc.
“Qualified Appraiser” for Federal Tax purposes per Treasury regulation 170(f)(11) and §§ 1.170A–16(d)(1)(ii) and 1.170A–16(e)(1)(ii).
I have never been prohibited from practicing before the IRS.